Congrats! You’ve finally walked across that stage and collected your diploma. Four (or more) years of hard work and dedication have finally paid off! This day will go down as one of the best and proudest moments of your life.
But now, reality sinks in. What’s next on your journey? Your mind immediately fills up with questions about your future. You’ll soon be faced with fear, self-doubt, and nostalgia. Just remember, this is totally normal, and everyone goes through it. Everyone goes through these same exact thoughts.
Here Are Thoughts Everyone Has When Graduating from College
1. Does this mean I have to get a big girl job?
2. I DON’T THINK I’M READY FOR THIS!
3. Can we talk about how Freshmen year feels like two days ago?
4. What if I don’t land my dream job?
5. Why is applying for jobs SO HARD?
6. Do I even want to start working immediately or do I want to take some time off to travel?
7. Or should I just stay for a little while longer and go to grad school?
8. How many days a week is it acceptable to drink now?
9. Will I enjoy living with my new roomies? (aka my parents)
10. I am not ready to go back home.
11. Does this mean no more summer, winter or spring breaks?
12. Am I going through a quarter-life crisis?
13. Do I have to start hitting the gym now?
14. Does adult life still include late night pizza?
15. I don’t think this will be as bad as everyone makes it out to be, right?
Just remember, everything will work out the way it’s supposed to! The transition from college to adult life can be difficult. If you’re a recent grad, what thoughts are you having about graduating?